Helpful
Replies

console problem

jackthumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a router 2501.

i am not able to connect it. when i connect the console cable, it doesnt show anything in hyper term. i had changed the cable and laptop but it still not accessible.

when i try to telnet it through pc, it gives following error msg,

no password set,

connection to host lost.

can anyone tell me what is the problem and how can it be rectified. is there any other way to access the router?

thanks in advance

rgs,

jack

5 Replies 5

Fraser Reid
Level 1
Level 1

maybe you need to perform password recovery ?

Also check the Hyperterm settings with what Cisco says they should be.

nordick26
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jack,

verify you hyperterm. configuration.

Should be:

Step 2 Configure your terminal or PC terminal emulation software for 9600 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, and 2 stop bits.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/distdir/2501/configuration/guide/inst.html#wp1536

HTH

Ivan

[pls rate all helpful posts]

Hi Ivan,

Thanx for reply.

I had done it all. the hyper term settings are fine only.and i was able to access it till recently but not this time.

i also checked various combinations of hyperterm but to no use.

can anyone throw some more help?

rgs,

jack

Hi Jack

Try connecting the console cable to the "AUX" port instead of the console port and see if this gives you access.

Best regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reply.

i tried connecting it to the AUX port, but didnt work.

the conlose port in router looks fine from outside, is there any chances of damage(logicaly or physicaly)from inside?

rgs,

jack

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: