cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

B-ACD in a remote site

ciscouser55
Level 1
Level 1

I have a centralised CCM/ Unity with SRST at the remote sites. Can I install a local B-ACD to provide a AA for the remote sites- Press 1 for operator , press for x etc on the SRST box. The sites are not CME but SRST- is the set up the same ? Though the remote sites will use the central Unity box for VM ,I do not wish for the main number at the remote site to go across the WAN for very call when using a simple AA interface thanks

13 Replies 13

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

even if you use a central AA, in CM, Unity or anything else, local calls once transferred to destination, should not go over the WAN, because CM is supposed to "media flow-around".

However, B-ACD/AA can work even with CME, but I do not reccomend doign so.

Thanks for the reply. I thought media flow aound was with ip to ip GW`s, can you explain some more and how it is used. In addition I would be using SRST enabkle routers not CME at the remote sites

Well, basically CM will 'tell' to phone and and GW that they can communicate directly, so the media flow-around around is automatic. I don't think any command is required to do that.

But isn`t normal peer to peer.In my case a call comes in from a remote site A which points to Unity in the central site B. Press 1, press 2 recording is sent from Unity across the WAN to the remote site A/user only after pressing 1 does it become peer to peer again i.e remote GW to an extension in the remote site A?

Yes, my understanding is that the normal behavior is as you described.

If Unity was to remain as "pivot point" for all calls it redirects, it would become soon a bottleneck.

Instead, the system is able to "shortcut", that is, to enforce media flow-around every time is possible.

sdekooter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Might be a bit off-topic, but how do you manage to force the sublocations to use SRST instead of normally using CCM while it is available?

Regards.

Steve

chuck.brule
Level 4
Level 4

I belive your other replies in this thread are slightly off base in what you are asking:

You have a centralized cluster consisting of a CCM & Unity pair and you wish to know if you can use the B-ACD TCL Script on a remote gateway to provide for AA functionality.

I -belive- the answer is yes, but I am uncertain, so I am labbing this very question for another customer and I can share my results with you soon.

Chuck Brule

Chuck thanks.

Normally the amount of calls hitting the reception/ AA- Press 1, press 2 will be higher then the hit we will take on CF NA, Busy to VM across the WAN. I can see the B-ACD can work in CME but can it work in a remote site? look forward to your test

Hi,

B-ACD/AA being a TCL/IVR script is largely independent of CME and can work as long you use H.323 or SIP between GW and CM, as opposed as MGCP.

What I'm trying to tell you, but apparently you are not convinced, is that you don't need it, because after Unity transfers the call to an extension where also the GW is located, the media will NOT go across WAN.

I suggest you check live on router to see if what I'm saying is true. If it not, I will be pleased to say that I'm completely off-base.

I`m happy with that, but the initial annoucement "Welcome to....., press 1 for this , press 2 for that" is across the WAN - Is it not? Only after you selected the options do you go peer to peer with the local extension/ GW?

Yes. Especially considering that your initial call is being forwarded to Unity to serve these requests... This RTP stream happens from GW endpoint directly to Unity so the TCL B-ACD Script is indeed relevant in paring down the bandwidth needed across the WAN.

As I said, I have a customer who has this very need right now.

Chuck

It would appear that the answer is, yes, indeed this is possible but will require some tweaking to fit the individual needs... I need to play with it some more but it will answer the phone on an incoming call...

Chuck

chuck,

Thanks for update, could you send me the tweaks you had to do

ciscouser55@hotmail.co.uk

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: