cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPTV Design suggestions

brandon.n
Level 1
Level 1

I need to figure out a design for IPTV broadcasting. I wanted to know the solutions for taking a satelite feed and rebroadcasting it over the LAN. In the past Cisco had the IPTV solutions where you had the hardware device with 2 slots for cable connections and you could stream live buffered TV over the network. After the acquisition of Scientific Atlanta I am unfamiliar with the various offerings Cisco has in regard to IPTV.

2 Replies 2

jleon22
Level 1
Level 1

You might want to check out their replacement offering of the old Cisco IPTV. It is call Digital Media Systems (DMS).

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/video/index.html

Charles Little
Level 1
Level 1

Check out the Digital Media System. The system can handle this application. The next upgrade in the spring will include a specific Enterprise TV module that will specifically address your needs. If you are streaming TV across your enterprise network you will also need to familiarize yourself with Cisco Application Content Networking Application (ACNS)

Cisco's Scientific Atlanta division has IPTV products targeted at the large service provider market and not the enterprise network.