cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME failed devices

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple of failed devices in LMS 3.0 RME that are stating archive configuration failed. Error "TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 192.168.100.226 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. Could not detect protocols running on the device Failed to fetch config using RCP.Error Message : Permission denied. Verify RCP is enabled or not. TFTP: Failed to fetch config using TFTP", however In Device Center under tools I can telnet to this device with no problem.

Is there anything I need to do on my end to correct this on the device side?

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The best option would be to enable a packet capture to see what is happening.

What type of device is this? Are your snmp RO and RW strings correct as well?

What do you get if you run a Credentials Verification report?

Cisco 7204VXR Router

When I run a Credential Verification report read/writed string is ok. Telnet ok, Enabled by Telnet ok.

I will ask my engineers to see if they can enable a packet capture to see what is happening.

After verifying the read/write community strings I ran a sniffer trace on some of the failed devices although I am seeing connection establish acknowledge:telnet messages in the pcap files i'm still seeing some devices having trouble when I perform a show command or sync archive in device center under mgmt tasks against the device.

Do I need to increase the snmp timeout value?

Is that under RME>Admin>System Preference>RME Device Attributes>

I increase the timeout from 10 to 20...is that for all the devices are do I need to do that in Device Center under smnp set for that particular device?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: