Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF NBMA Config

CSCO10758684
Level 1
Level 1

Hai,

i wud like to configure ospf in NMBA ...(Frame-Relay) ....My quiestion is Without a Frame-Relay switch is this possible ...is this possible by connecting router back to back ....how can i perform this ....

I want to perform the live cenario in LAB ...Pls help me

Kindly hlp me ...

Thanks in advance ...

4 Replies 4

keeleym
Level 5
Level 5

Hi There

How many routers do you have available to you.

You can make a Cisco router act as a Frame Switch. I use a 2520 with 4 serial ports as the Frame Switch in my home lab. I run a Frame Relay hub and spoke network with 1 hub router and 3 spoke routers.

If you don't have sufficient routers available, check out Dynamips. You could set up a virtual Frame Relay network using this software.

Best Regards,

Michael

Hai ,

Thanks for the reply ...i have 4 1721 router and one 2800 ...is it possible to make a lab using this ...i ve to check wheather i shud have enough WIC card ....wud be nice if you can pase the Frame-Relay switch config and Hub/Spoke router config ,...

Thanks

Lijesh.N.C

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The following document describes how to configure back-to-back Frame Relay.

http://www.internetworkexpert.com/resources/backtoback-framerelay.htm

And, the following document describes how to build a compound high density Frame Relay switch by cascading multiple routers which have a low density of interfaces

http://www.internetworkexpert.com/resources/compound.frame-relay.htm

HTH,

__

Edison.

Hai

Thanks alot Edison .... i think it may take some time for me to arrange this ..setup ..any way i will do this ..thanks a lot onece again

Lijesh.N.C

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco