Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help config new 800 #

brandoncheah
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been instructed to configure an existing 800# (From start to finish with a call handler) that has been added to our pri.

My question is.....how do i point the 800# to unity so that unity knows to answer the incoming calls? I can configure the call handler without a problem, but i need to know how to route the new 800# so that unity can answer the incoming calls.

I am running unity 4.2 build 4.2(1)

The PRI's are coming in on a 3745 router with version 12.3(21.

Thanks in advance

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the gateway connecting back to Callmanager? MGCP or H.323?

Brandon

Yes..the gateway is connecting back to callmanager H.323.

Yes..the gateway is connecting back to callmanager H.323.

Do you have a dial peer now that sends all incoming calls to Callmanager? If so, just configure a translation pattern in Callmanager to translate the called number to the Unity pilot number. If you have other numbers in place, you can look at the config for these numbers. Another possibility is translating the number at the gateway using a translation rule.

Brandon

We have several dial-peers that send the incoming calls to call manager. If i create a translation pattern in call manager to point to the unity call handler pilot number, that will work?

So for example, translate the 800 # to the unity call handler pilot number?

Depending on how your dial peers are setup, you may need an additional dial peer(s) to handle the new number. Otherwise, you are correct. You will need a translation pattern that will translate the called number to the Unity pilot number.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: