Views
Helpful
Replies

Brooktrout Fax Card

columoconnor
Level 1
Level 1

I have a TR1034 +uP4C-R fax card

What type of interface do I need in my Voice gateway ( 2821 )

thanks

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

You have a combo card:

http://www.dialogic.com/products/tdm_boards/media_processing/docs/TR1034.pdf

It has 2 loop start ports (used for outgoing and incoming fax) and 2 DID ports (used for incoming only, connecting to analog DID service).

The router interfaces with FXS to card's "loop start" ports, and with E&M, or possibly FXO to DID ports.

Note, there is no cisco "published" configuration for the router to send DID out of an E&M port, that is, to emulate analog DID service by telco.

Actually, I think it can be done, as E&M is very flexible, but not having the hardware, I cannot prove it.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

We have made these cards work with FXS ports on the router in the past.

The fax cards generally need the FXS port to send digits to the card so it selects the correct fax 'mailbox'.

In reality, the FXS ports aren't supposed to function as 'Direct Outward Dial', but you can get around this by using the forward digits command.

The cards seem to take a moment to be ready to accept digits, so a delay is needed before the digits are sent out.

To make this work properly, you have to use H323 mode and use a config described below.

As an example, assume you want to send the digits '1500' to the fax card. The dial peer would look like this -

dial-peer voice 1000 pots

destination-pattern 1500

port 0/1/0

forward-digits all

prefix ,,,, <--- this adds a delay of 1 second before the main digit string is sent out the port

crodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

We have this card directly connected to a T1 controller using a crossover cable. Hope this helps.

See config below:

controller T1 0/2/0

framing esf

clock source internal

linecode b8zs

ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-8 type e&m-wink-start

No, you must have different model, the one mentioned above is only analog.

You are correct. I got confused because theat is the one we tried first, but then went with TR1034+P8H-T1-1N-R

Sorry about that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: