cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM 7.1.5 pg jtapi tcp connection was broken

eg_shane1
Level 1
Level 1

i completed a technolgy refresh upgrade install windows 2003 server enterprise service pck 2. i install icm 7.0 from scratch and then updated it to 7.1.3 and then 7.1.5. all configs have been confirmed, and the system is working correctly. random throughout the day either jtapi or the ctios server will show configuring in the windows taskmanager...all my extensions ring a busy tone. this has happened a few times, and one of the times did pg1a fail over to pg1b. i've had to manually stop all services to get it to fail over. can anyone help...could it be windows updates that are causing problems?

6 Replies 6

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Shane,

looks like some heartbeats loss, check on NIC Teaming, NIC Cards CRC errors, updated network cars drivers, cables and so on.

Good luck,

Riccardo

ahh, maybe. i will run through those steps.

kent.roberts
Level 1
Level 1

Under ICM 7.1 NIC teaming is not supported by cisco at all.

Make sure CTI Super provider is not enabled on callmanager, only use CTI Application Use.

I haven't checked the patch list, in the last 2 months, but as far as I have checked, SP2 on windows 2003 was not supported.

Also make sure your antivirus (if you have one) is not burning all your cpu if it decides to scan the drives.

i will have to confirm the cti option were are using on the call manager. the nic's were fine and updated. the pg's are not using nic teaming just the private nics to side a and b.

Hello,

What's the issue with using CTI Super Provider? I've just taken on support of a customer that has several issues and has this box ticked.

Regards

From the 7.1(x) BOM:

As of Release 7.1(5), Cisco qualifies ICM/IPCC using Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2).

And:

Windows Server 2003 R2 is supported only with the optional features NOT selected.

-----

Do you have QoS selected on the PG to CC setup? Do you also have high and low interfaces configured? If so, try turning off QoS and test.

Also, make sure you installed the JGW from your Call Manager server - don't use a saved one, just in case the CM version has changed.

I would suggest tracing:

- CTI Manager service on the CM

- JGW service

- EAGTPIM

C.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: