cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem Recovering Deleted Items from Unity 4.2(1)

mikechristensen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I've been reading here on the forums about how to recover deleted messages from Unity. I followed the instructions on the document Rob Huffman provided a link to, but for some reason when I delete messages they still do not appear in the deleted items folder. I went into the Message Store Manager and tried running the "Restore Deleted Items to Inbox.." script just to see if that would work and struck out. We're running Unity 4.2(1). If anyone can tell me where I went wrong (because I'm sure I'm missing something) that would be great. Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mike -

Something else to check - make sure the Class of Service for your Unity subscribers includes the following check box in the Messages page of the COS definition - "Deleted messages are copied to the deleted items folder".

Regards, Ginger

Hello Ginger,

Yes, that was the first thing I checked. Thanks for your reply.

Hi again -

Just checking, are you running onbox or offbox Exchange? If you are running offbox, your Exchange folks may have a mailbox policy that does not save messages to Deleted Items.

Ginger

Thanks again for the reply Ginger. That is something that I had not considered. This runs separate from our main Exchange server, so I didn't think about that.

I discovered what the issue was. I realized that I had set the options for the wrong subscriber (i.e. not the default subscriber). I appreciate your replies Ginger, thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: