cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where can I get bootable UCM 6.1 media?

evanrichards
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 6.1 cluster up and running with one Pub and one Sub. I'm trying to add another Sub to the cluster but only have 6.0 media. When I try to add this machine to the cluster I get a version mismatch error. I can't get a straight answer from anyone at cisco or my reseller. Does anyone know where to get bootable UCm 6.1 media?

4 Replies 4

Jon Nelson
Level 3
Level 3

Your local partner should be able to supply it to you and if they can't, look for a new partner ;) If you have SMARTnet or UCSS on your software you can process an upgrade through Product Upgrade Tool to get the software as well.

Unfortunately the PUT only has upgrade media to go from 5.X to 6.1. It seems like this is an easy thing to accomplish, but no one seems to know. I would think that I could easily get the 6.1 media as it is currently shipping with new orders, isn't it?

I BELIEVE your PUT is right. Order that 5.x to 6.1 media and you should get what you are looking for. (in mid-march so it seems.) Traditionally ordering 4.0 to 4.1, 4.1 to 4.2, etc came with a full set of CDs (DVDs). The outside of the box just said "CCM 4.2, upgrade from 4.1), etc. I think Cisco is tracking upgrades vs new purchases or something.

Unity is the stranger beast for upgrades. You also have to put down Win2k3 upgrade in the PUT tool. If memory serves, the upgrades don't come with the full SQL, and MS Exchange Cd's.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

try the Dynamic Configuration Tool

http://www.cisco.com/web/ordering/or13/or8/ordering_ordering_help_dynamic_configuration_tool_launch.html

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate