Views
Helpful
Replies

CME with WAN

twissam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am in the process of Pre-sales, where a small customer has an HQ with CME and he has 8 intl branches.

All the branches are connected through VPN for Data transfer, solution provided is to install an IP phone in each location and register the IP Phone with the CME in the HQ. it works perfect, my concern is the QOS, i am wondering if there is a way to limit the number of calls within the CME or consider the remote branches as regions like in the CCM.

Good day

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, CME doesn't have concept of regions at all.

All you can do is configure g729 for the remote phones to reduce bandwidth. If you get the newer phones (79x5), in the future you will be able to support iLBC that is much better than g729 for that purpose.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, CME doesn't have concept of regions at all.

All you can do is configure g729 for the remote phones to reduce bandwidth. If you get the newer phones (79x5), in the future you will be able to support iLBC that is much better than g729 for that purpose.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

thanks for confimring my doubts.

i know there is no region concept, but i was looking for something similar, also the G729 codec is already implemented but you were talking about the iLBC codec, is it already out and supported on CME and which IP phones!!!

again thanks for your help.

Good day

Not yet, but I think will be in CME 4.3. The new phones (models ending with 5) have it, the older ones do not.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: