Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 High CPU consumption

MathieuJM_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have LMS 3.0 on Windows 2003. In the task manager i notice that the process GGScript.exe use more than 50% of the CPU resource.

Is it a normal behaviour or not ?

What is the GGScript process ? It comes with GGHelper, GGLogger and GGProxy.

Regards,

7 Replies 7

m.sir
Level 7
Level 7

It looks you are hitting the bug CSCsj17702

Decription

GGScript is using 97% CPU on a LMS 5,000 devices server.

On a LMS 5,000 devices server, the task bar displays the following message although no CiscoWorks Assistant specific operations are performed:

GG script ia using 97% CPU

Workaround:

None.

this comes from

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.0.1/readme/windows/guide/lms30_dec_2007_update_win.html

M.

Hope that helps rate if it does

Thank you for your answer.

So we can add to that table that LMS 3.0 100 devices server and CiscoWorks Assistant 1.0.0 have the same bug.

Did you know for what that process family GG*** are used ?

These process are part of the OpsXML side of CiscoWorks Assistant. The bug is still being worked on. However, our servers do not see this problem. You might try shutting down dmgtd, then killing off any leftover GG* processes (or any casuser process). Then restart dmgtd, and see if the problem persists.

Hello,

I am encountering the same problem on a way smaller System (evaluation Version with about 100 devices). It occured the last two weeks on Friday at 5 am, but I can't find the job that initiates this.

Is there any way to disable it? Do you have an Idea on how to restart the process/task automatically if it hangs over 90% CPU load?

(Note: We are currently working on a virtual Machine and other important Systems might be affected by the CPU usage of Cisco Works!)

Any updates when this bug will be fixed?

Check in TaskManager if it is GGScript.exe. If that is the process just kill that process.

It is the GGScript.exe. Killing that process manually works, but I am not always here when the problem occurs, so I need something automatically. I thought about an vbs-Script started by the Windows Scheduler, but I hoped for a better solution (i.e. a bug-fix).

The bug is fixed in LMS 3.1 which ships today. If you have an SAS contract covering 3.0, you are entitled to a free DVD upgrade to 3.1. Either enter your SAS contract number in http://www.cisco.com/upgrade/ or contact your sales team.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: