Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing CUCM5.1 Subscriber license

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

My Customer has a Publisher and has recently added purchased the license for the Subscriber and would like to add it to the cluster. When we try to upload the license file it hangs and doesn't come back. Any ideas? Have tried restarting the license manager on Pub-no joy.

Rich

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It should be registered against the PUB. The Pub holds all the licenses for the cluster. They count Subscribers as Nodes. So if you have (3) spare Nodes in the cluster, you can add (3) Subscribers to cluster.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you try to add it to the PUB? Also depends on how you installed it. Typically, you would want to add the licenses FIRST to the PUB, then install the Subscriber.. Or install the subscriber, but it should not let you start CallManager service because there is only (1) NODE in cluster.

Customer added it (hopefully as subsequent node). CCM Service has started on Pub but cannot add lic for Sub for start it.

Will have to use RTMT to see what is going on. There could be a password not set correctly on the SUB and it can not talk to the Pub for some reason. Possibly it is trying to use DNS to resolve the PUBs name. But I would start with RTMT to see why the Pub cant see the sub or vice versa.

Cheers. I've added it as a server but cannot add it into CCM group-I assume due to inability to upload license. I should be able to upload sub lic regardless right?

Rich

You should be able to add the license to the Publisher now matte what. You can have many nodes in the cluster not being used.

I would email licensing@cisco.com to verify the license you have. You may have a bad license or something. Maybe the MAC address of PUB does not match the license key or something. Odd.

The customer may have registered the license against the Sub. When adding a sub,which server MAC address should they have registered the lic with?

I'm awaiting Licensing to come back with something sensible.

Cheers

Rich

It should be registered against the PUB. The Pub holds all the licenses for the cluster. They count Subscribers as Nodes. So if you have (3) spare Nodes in the cluster, you can add (3) Subscribers to cluster.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: