Cisco Netflow collector solution

Unanswered Question
Jan 29th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi,

One of my client is implementing HP Management suite for monitoring & Management of the Network. One of the modules of the suite is "Traffic Profile reporting pack"-part of OVPI. This module needs to get netflows from the Cisco Netflow collector.

Please suggest on the following points:

1) Cisco has Netflow Collector 6.0 which works in a two-tier mode i.e. a MNFC server getting aggregated information from distributed NFC's.: Is there a possibility to deploy only NFC's in distributed architecture which would forward the data to HP module directly without deploying a MNFC?

2) Since HP module is also a reporting pack, does MNFC provides some additional reports which would not be available through HP module?

3) Customer needs to get historical sampling data for e.g. hourly data of a particular day lets say 2 months back which he can't get from other tools such as MRTG etc. Is this data/report can be given by MNFC?

4) What is the sizing criteria for NFC servers? i.e. If a customer has approx. 100 routers & 30 core switches distributed across the network, how many servers would be required?

Looking forward to positive replies as its a urgent requirement. Thanks in advance.

Regds,

Manmeet

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion