Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone IP listed as IP of CM

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

I'm running CM 5.1.2.3000-2.

When I do a search for phones, a few are comming up with their IP address listed as the IP address of the CM subscriber. I have fixed this in the past by just rebooting the phone, but it is happening again.

This is not affecting the operation of the phone. Users can still make/receive calls when it is in that state. The main issue is that we use Berbee for paging, and it rejects the phones with that IP address listed since it can not communicate with them.

Has anyone seen this bug? Is there a simple fix for it?

3 Replies 3

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Is your DHCP scope set up correctly, in that you have excluded the CUCM IP's from the range? Not seen this issue before.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

I remembered seeing a number of similar posts a few months back. I'm sure that this is a Bug (but I can't find it right now). I have looked under the Phone Firmware and CCM for Bugs but not for as many hours as may be necessary :)

Here is one of the similar threads;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddf298b/6#selected_message

I would suggest opening a TAC Case.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i've seen this before and definitely berbee informacast has something to do with this since only deployments with that are being affected currently, so far this is the 4th time i've heard of this

there are still ongoing investigations on what is causing that, usually the workaround is to restart the tomcat and ris services on the server

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate