cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPS with CM6

ajames2007
Level 1
Level 1

can anyone explain how this works now. From what I have read you have to use CRS which means a seperate server which seem stupid, why take a solution that was working and make it twice as complicated!!!!

3 Replies 3

Jon Nelson
Level 3
Level 3

This works the same way as before, but as you mentioned it requires a separate server because CRS still runs on Windows and CUCM is running on an appliance.

CUCM6 requires CRS5 as well which only runs on the Cisco Windows 2003 OS.

HTH

Thank you,

Jon Nelson

I have a 7815-I1 that I want to use for TAPS across all my clients. I will just continue to reconfigure and reuse the system. The 2003 Cisco OS won't install cause the server is not supported. If I install a standard 2003 OS, what in the registry do I have to change so I can install CRS5.0 for TAPS?

I agree that cisco really needs to think about this one... I have five CCm 4.13 clusters and its going to suck to have to stand up a server at each cluster just for taps. They need to move taps as a part of CCM.

Also I dont believe you have have more then one cluster point to the same CRS server. Some one please correct me if I am wrong....