cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity VM for Exchange User Licenses

Rafael Jimenez
Level 4
Level 4

I need to know what is UNITYV5-USR-E10= 10 Unity VM for Exchange User Licenses for.

I have a unity 4.x server with storage for exchange. The server comes with the fist 50 licenses, i have more than 50 users with voicemails and exchange mailboxes, what is the license I must purchase to enable those aditional users?.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Jon Nelson
Level 3
Level 3

UNITYV5 = Unity Version 5 Software

Unity 5 allows for dual licensing in UM setup so users can be assigned a Voicemail or Unified Messaging license. The users still have to be setup in the message store (Exchange or Domino), but you don't have to pay for a full UM license for a common area phone that requires Voicemail only. The users that are setup as Voicemail only don't have access to the Text-To-Speech engine for e-mail and fax playback.

The part number UNITYV5-USR-E10= is for 10 Voicemail users on a Unity System that is setup for Unified Messaging using Exchange as the message store.

The part number UNITYU5-USR-E10= is for 10 Unified Messaging users on a Unity System that is setup for Unified Messaging using Exchange as the message store.

The UNITYV5 part numbers also apply to VM only installs. They've tried to make it a little easier when it comes to Unity 5 licensing.

HTH

Thank you,

Jon Nelson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: