Views
Helpful
Replies

WebView Replication

mmaddalena
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm installing UCCE 7.0 side B where I'm deploying a Secondary AW Distributor in the same AW Primary site.

In order to provide WebView db backup I'm going to install the Webview DB also on the Secondary AW.

This will be the scenario:

AW Primary + WVDB + WV Server

AW Secondary + WVDB + WV Server

The two WebView Server points to the primary WVDB. If it fails I'll let the AWDB servers point to the secondary WV DB.

I know that the secondary WV DB should be keept manually updated.

Is this configuration supported?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, now I understand a bit better.

You're right for the agent real-time statistics - you do need to identify a Distributor site name in the Peripheral config to get that data.

If your AWs are on the same LAN, then it's just fine to set up a PRI/SEC as you describe so that you are only entering one Distributor Site name in the Peripheral config.

If the AWs are separated by a WAN, then I would just have them as two separate sites and put both of them in as Distributor sites in the Peripheral config.

(again, this config was a way to set a specific site name to receive agent real-time data to save on WAN bandwidth so that every AW didn't get real-time data for every agent at every site. Valuable for TDM ACDs that serve agents at a single site - less of a 'common sense' approach for UCCE since agents are no longer expressly tied to ACD copper circuits at a 'site'.)

As far as Webview goes, sure add a second webview server on the second AW “Server B”, just point the WVDB on that server to “Server A” in ICM setup. This will assure that any templates authored on either server will be available from either server. Just protect this single WVDB by a normal backup process as you would with any other valuable Db.

You said, “Did you never install AW prim + HDS + WV server & AW sec + HDS + WV Server”. Yes, but the far majority of the time, I have only a single WVDB and it's on “Server A”.

The obvious next question is, “but what if Server A dies”. Yea, well so you lose your custom templates until the WVDB can be restored but Webview itself will still be functioning on Server B. My earlier post does speak to setting up SQL replication across two WVDBs but that is a pain to manage and if it's done incorrectly can destroy the data in both. I hesitate to do this (and in fact have only been pressured to do it once). I am fixing a site this week that has two WVDBs on two AWs so there are some templates in A and some in B which creates all kinds of confusion for day to day reporting.

The real solution? Wait patiently for Cisco Intelligence Suite in v7.5. ;-)

/Jeff

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

WebView reporting users are typically individuals who supervise a group of agents and who rely on WebView reports to monitor contact center statistics for date and agent activity at the enterprise level.

Users log in by entering the WebView URL from the browser on their client PCs or workstations (http:///). (If SSL is enabled for the full session, they must log in using https.)

Once logged in, they can generate real-time and historical reports that display integrated information about various aspects of contact center operations. "Real-time reports offer up-to-the-minute data collected now and in the last five- and thirty-minute intervals. "Historical reports present contact center activity in selected half-hour or daily intervals.

This URL should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/enterprise_reporting/reporting7_0/installation/guide/wipce70i.pdf

jeff.marshall
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe I'm not reading your question correctly or you are speaking of two different conditions.

You said, “I'm installing UCCE 7.0 side B where I'm deploying a Secondary AW Distributor in the same AW Primary site.”

This is fine and is a normal design when serving many Client AWs. Primary Distributor AW fails then the Secondary picks up the load and continues to serve the local Client AWs. This design is created to reduce WAN bandwidth from the Central Controller to the remote site. For example, if you have the need for 25 AWs at a remote site, set up a Distributor AW and 24 Client AWs so you only have one RTD path from the Central Controller to the remote site rather than 25. Set up a secondary so that if the primary goes up in smoke, the Client AWs fail to the secondary. If the Primary is running then the secondary is only just another client to the Primary - there is no duplicated feed. Your AWs are local to the Central Controller? No need for sites or configuring PRI/SEC distributors. No client AWs or bandwidth is cheap? No need for sites or configuring PRI/SEC distributors. This is advanced AW design and is really necessary when you have lots of Distributor and Client AWs in your enterprise.

You said, “In order to provide WebView db backup I'm going to install the Webview DB also on the Secondary AW. “

The WVDB is only the repository for the data for the custom report templates generated by users as they author their own templates in Webview. Having more than one would create confusion around where the template is/was stored. For example, a user logs into Server A and makes a template (now stored in WVDB “A”). If they later log into Server B (pointed to WVDB “B”), that template won't be there since it is stored in the WVDB on Server A.

You may certainly do things like SQL replication between WVDB on A and WVDB on B but that is far more complicated to manage than it needs to be for such a small DB that can be easily and quickly restored from a backup. I've done it both ways depending upon the customers' needs.

Don't confuse advanced AW design with advanced HDS design with advanced Webview design. They are 3 different solutions than can have many different results depending upon core customer needs.

/Jeff

Jeff Marshall,

What a great answer. Thanks for taking the time.

smahbub - what's your story, mate? We can read that stuff in product data sheets.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Jeff, thanks for the explanation.

I have two AWs local to the central controller. If I don't use a secondary AW what happens to the PG statistic if the AW Site A fails? I mean that in PG Explorer I have to use the Distributor Site Name in Agent Distribution and I think that this permits to automatically manage the Primary AW failover if inserting the AWs PRI/SEC in the same Site...

Anyway, considering to maintain AWs Pri/sec I red that it is not possible to install the WebViev server on the secondary AW. Is it true? Did you never install AW prim + HDS + WV server & AW sec + HDS + WV Server?

Thanks!

Michele

Ok, now I understand a bit better.

You're right for the agent real-time statistics - you do need to identify a Distributor site name in the Peripheral config to get that data.

If your AWs are on the same LAN, then it's just fine to set up a PRI/SEC as you describe so that you are only entering one Distributor Site name in the Peripheral config.

If the AWs are separated by a WAN, then I would just have them as two separate sites and put both of them in as Distributor sites in the Peripheral config.

(again, this config was a way to set a specific site name to receive agent real-time data to save on WAN bandwidth so that every AW didn't get real-time data for every agent at every site. Valuable for TDM ACDs that serve agents at a single site - less of a 'common sense' approach for UCCE since agents are no longer expressly tied to ACD copper circuits at a 'site'.)

As far as Webview goes, sure add a second webview server on the second AW “Server B”, just point the WVDB on that server to “Server A” in ICM setup. This will assure that any templates authored on either server will be available from either server. Just protect this single WVDB by a normal backup process as you would with any other valuable Db.

You said, “Did you never install AW prim + HDS + WV server & AW sec + HDS + WV Server”. Yes, but the far majority of the time, I have only a single WVDB and it's on “Server A”.

The obvious next question is, “but what if Server A dies”. Yea, well so you lose your custom templates until the WVDB can be restored but Webview itself will still be functioning on Server B. My earlier post does speak to setting up SQL replication across two WVDBs but that is a pain to manage and if it's done incorrectly can destroy the data in both. I hesitate to do this (and in fact have only been pressured to do it once). I am fixing a site this week that has two WVDBs on two AWs so there are some templates in A and some in B which creates all kinds of confusion for day to day reporting.

The real solution? Wait patiently for Cisco Intelligence Suite in v7.5. ;-)

/Jeff

Hi Jeff,

great answer.

Thank you very much!

Cheers

Michele

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: