cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Very odd ping problem

jterril
Level 1
Level 1

I have an odd ping problem. I have a 3750 connected to a 3640 router via a fast ethernet interface that I have broken into sub-interfaces for three vlans. I can ping the switch and all router interfaces from a workstation, but cannot ping the workstation from either the router or the switch. I have tried moving the workstation to different vlans, but have the same results. I disabled the firewall on the workstation, but that didn't help. I also connected a Fluke LinkRunner and assigned it an IP address of one of the vlans. The LinkRunner could ping the router and the switch, but they could not ping the LinkRunner.

Using the debug IP packet command, when I try and ping the workstation address, the destination address of the ping in the output shows a destination address of the router interface as opposed to the address of the workstation.

Any ideas? Thanks.

4 Replies 4

bilousand
Level 1
Level 1

show configs?

jterril
Level 1
Level 1

It was a problem on the workstation that required a registry change of the IRP stack size. Never heard of it before.

mwatkins234
Level 1
Level 1

Post thr router and switch configs

"Post thr router and switch configs"

Huh? I'm not certain what you mean. It was a workstation configuration issue, not a router or switch config issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card