CCVP track for R&S CCIE

Unanswered Question
Jan 29th, 2008

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can clarify some things for me.

I recently passed my CCIE R&S. I thought this recertified my CCNP automatically, but now I'm not sure and the CCNP recert time has expired.

I wish to start the CCVP train - can anyone clarify which exams I have to undertake to qualify for this track (i.e. do I have to do CCNA again, or should I already be certified with CCNP?)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Tue, 01/29/2008 - 12:15

If you have a valid CCNP, then your CCNA is valid. Assuming you passed the CCIE written before your CCNP expired, it renewed your CCNP and CCNA. If your CCNP is valid, you will not have to retake CCNA to go for CCVP. Check the Certification Tracking Tool to the right of this post.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

rangitanltd Wed, 01/30/2008 - 00:24

Hi,

Just checked and my CCNP isn't valid any more. I made the mistake of assuming that passing my CCIE lab would recert my CCNp, however it appears that's not the case.

On that basis to obtain the CCVP, having already got a CCIE, do I still require a CCNA?

Brandon Buffin Wed, 01/30/2008 - 05:30

Passing the CCIE lab does recertify CCNP assuming the CCNP is not expired at the time of passing the lab. The CCNA requirement is waived for a CCIE.

Brandon

rangitanltd Thu, 01/31/2008 - 01:25

Thanks for all the advice guys. I passed my lab a few days before my written (And ccnp also) were due to expire. I'll have to chase up to find out why my CCNP wasn't revalidated after passing my lab.

Either way it's no big deal, as long as I don't have to waste time sitting the CCNA I can go straight onto the CCVP exams.

Cheers.

Danilo Dy Wed, 01/30/2008 - 05:45

Hi,

If you have a valid CCNP at the time you passed CCIE Written, your CCNP will recertified for another 3 years.

Take note that both Recertification Policy and Certification Tracking System Tool mentioned CCIE Written (not CCIE Lab).

Since your CCNP expires, so does your CCNA.

To go for CCVP track, since you are now a CCIE, you don't need to take CCNA. This is according to the Certification Tracking System Tool.

Regards,

Dandy

Brandon Buffin Wed, 01/30/2008 - 06:03

After passing the CCIE lab, my other certifications were extended to the expiration date of my CCIE except where the expiration date of the exam was later than that of my CCIE. This is due to the fact that the CCIE is valid for 2 years and professional/associate level certifications are valid for 3 years.

Brandon

Actions

This Discussion