Views
Helpful
Replies

Recovering 2950 Ios

sumitpatil
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir,

I have typed 'erase flash' command by mistake in my catalyst 2950 switch. After reboot, it stopped at "switch:" prompt.No IOS File Is Present In the FLASH, i Am having backup of ios & i tried to Restore using hyper ternimal, xmodem option,But it is giving the message "remote system is not responding". So what should i do for reinstalling the IOS.

Please help me as early as possible.

With Regards

Sumit Patil.

91-09370199642

6 Replies 6

cpubob
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a guide on recovering the switch. If you have a helper image still loaded you should be able to tftp it after you load the helper image, otherwise, there is a step by step guide to using xmodem and also increasing the console speed to speed up the transfer.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

GL

-Rob

I Had Tried The Xmodem Recovery,But It Had Not Worked It Is Displaying Remote System Cannot Respond,The Images Are Attached.

Please Help Me Out Of this Problem.

sumitpatil
Level 1
Level 1

I had tried the displayed procedure i.e using xmodem but it is giving the message after sometime that "remote system cannot respond".Please give me the solution.

With Regards

Sumit Patil

I don't have a 2950 to try but if you are in rommon and have the tftpdnld command available, try this:

rommon 1>IP_ADDRESS=192.168.100.1 Indicates the IP address for this unit

rommon 2>IP_SUBNET_MASK=255.255.255.0 Indicates the subnet mask for this unit

rommon 3>DEFAULT_GATEWAY=192.168.100.1 Indicates the default gateway for this unit

rommon 4>TFTP_SERVER=192.168.100.2 Indicates the IP address of the TFTP server

rommon 5>TFTP_FILE= c2600-js-l_121-3.bin Indicates the filename to fetch from the TFTP server

rommon 6>tftpdnld

Other questions: is your new ios bigger then your available flash? What is in flash?

I have a 2950 somewhere, just have to go dig it up, will respond again with more details once I locate a switch to test with.

lancehino
Level 4
Level 4

Please post the exact steps in your attempt to restore image. Sounds like you're missing a step

namchheav
Level 1
Level 1

did you have os for cisco that model switch 2950 ?

@sumitpatil wrote:

Dear Sir,

I have typed 'erase flash' command by mistake in my catalyst 2950 switch. After reboot, it stopped at "switch:" prompt.No IOS File Is Present In the FLASH, i Am having backup of ios & i tried to Restore using hyper ternimal, xmodem option,But it is giving the message "remote system is not responding". So what should i do for reinstalling the IOS.

Please help me as early as possible.

With Regards

Sumit Patil.

91-09370199642

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card