Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

translation-rule

Hi Pro.

i have a CME router.

the number we are receiving in directory without 00 in front and the user cannot dial from directory.

i have to create translation rule incoming,so that it changes all the incoming international number with 00 in front.

thxx

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

it's a little tricky since you never know how many digits you're going to receive but you can try something like this:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /\(^.......$\)/ /\1/

rule 2 /\(^..........$\)/ /\1/

rule 3 /\(^.*\)/ /00\1/

voice translation-profile profile1

translate calling 1

dial-peer voice 10 pots

translation-profile incoming profile1

incoming called number .

7 & 10 digit incoming will match rule 1 or 2 and anything else will match the last rule which will add the 00 in front of the received digits

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thxx for reply..

We have 8 digits dialing inside the country and we dont have codes for cities. I want translation rule for international and i dont wanna change anything with the local numbers. Also we are not using 9 to dial outside.

this won't affect outside dialing, just how the call is presented to the called party for incoming calls

rule 1 /\(^........$\)/ /\1/

rule 2 /\(^.*\)/ /00\1/

if everything else incoming is only 8 digits change it like above, the 1st rule will always match 8 digits and won't add anything, anything that doesn't match that, will be prefixed with 00

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

i will check this out tommorrow..

i hope it works fine..

thxx again for your kind time..

hi..

sorry for being late i was not in the town..

i tried this one but its not working..

In the "incoming called number" promt what should i write,the DID number range.

when i tried putting this translation rule to one of the extension then the DID calls were not coming to that number.

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /\(^.......$\)/ /\1/

rule 3 /\(^.*\)/ /00\1/

voice translation-profile profile2

translate calling 2

dial-peer voice 123 pots

translation-profile incoming profile1

incoming called number 0788

the calls to extension 788 stopped working..

we are using primary extensiona as 0788/

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That works fine for me:

rule 1 // /00/ type international international

The important thing is that incoming international are correctly marked as such in the setup message.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

hi i have COR list for outgoing numbers..

i will post the dial-peer config here..

i have one more issue here..and i relate it with dial-peer probably as i understand..

when i call a PSTN number which is switched off, the calling number gets callback tone and keeps ringing though it should say the number is not reachable

Hi,

what you get when calling numbers that are "switched off", depends by telco, and you cannot do anything about it.

The COR list has nothing to do with the translation-rule question, have you tried it ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: