Views
Helpful
Replies

Tone on transfer

aelee1
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone heard of a way to put a tone

ahead of a transferred call to tell the answering party that the call is present and they can say hello. I had a request for just that. I assume it would be like a conference call barge in tone.

Thanks

Art

5 Replies 5

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

Can you explain a little more what you (or the customer) wants?

You can use the consult transfer (supervised transfer, announced transfer, whatever you want to call it) to announce the call. Press Transfer softkey, dial the extension to transfer to, wait for them to answer, announce the call (or say beep, lol) then when they are ready, press transfer softkey again to complete the transfer.)

I have a suspicion that you are doing the equivalent of a blind transfer by doing XFER, extension XFER again quickly. CCM really doesn't do blind transfers.

What the customer wants is on a supervised

transfer to hear a tone when call is connected. I think they may just have to have

the tranferring party acknowledge that all

parties are connected

Like the tone you get when you conference?

Did anyone ever find out if this was actually a supported feature?

When you press the transfer button, say "Beeeeppppp". lol. You can even customize it.

*I* did not persue it more. Hopefully aelee1 has an update for us.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: