Views
Helpful
Replies

Relocation & 911

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Folks,

We moved into a new office and all DID blocs are switched into the new PRI in the new location. The problem is when I call 911 they still see the number coming from the old address. I called the carrier in order to have them to update this info but they say in their side the new address is recorded. They say this is the phone system configuration and has to be done somewhere in the CallManager or GW. I don't seem to be able to find where this information is stored. Your help would kindly be appreciated.

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

lol.

It's stored at the phone company. Call them again.

Are you using Cisco Emergency Responder?

No, I am not using ER.

Thanks for the reply,

Call the telco back.

Let us know how things turn out.

I did another test this morning and it worked. I think it was a matter of time for the info to get updated at 911.

Thanks again,

Nice. Case closed.

From what I understand, the exchange of information between the needed providers is not a high-tech operation. One of the providers I talked to said they have to use a modem and a terminal program and manually put the entries in.

Good day.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: