cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2600 Router does not maintain configuration settings

vitomacdoc
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2600 series router, about 2 1/2 years old. After a few months on the shelf, I plugged it back in and entered config information.

On every "reload" or power-down, it loses its configuration settings and resets back to factory defaults. I need to enter all the information again.

Following Cisco documents, I tested and erased the memory, it tested fine. I replaced the 8 MB NVRAM module with 2 others and reflashed these with 123.13 firmware.

No problems or errors on testing or reflashing NVRAM.

Still the same, does not keep settings after reload or power down.

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? Is there a battery under the main board that I am not seeing?

Thank you in advance

3 Replies 3

kejeusa
Level 1
Level 1

have you checked the config-register with the "show ver" ? if it is anything other than 0x2102 you should change it to that

That did it. I used Cisco instructions to remove the password and did not change the register back to 0x2102.

Thanks, will remember for next time.

Also remember that any kind of cisco instructions have better results when integrated with personal reasoning!

Invariably these seem to be written by someone in a hurry...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: