Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory

patcbr600
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I have a company that have two clusters running CM 5.1.2, is there a way to create a ip phone service that enables a user to search a user in the directory of one cluster and also the other cluster?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is nothing out of the box from Cisco that will do this. You will have to either use the LDAP directory and integrate these two Clusters together or purchase a third party tool such as Citrix Application Gateway. It can basically merge two LDAP directories and serve any and all Cisco clusters.

If that is not an option, you will need to create some sort of XML app that will be able to search each directory from CUCM. I would imagine it would not be too hard. Just have to create the first xml page to have them select which directory they search for.

Cheers

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

for a client I have implemented something similar, it's a middleware application that imports both cluster's users via AXL (so you don't have to rely on LDAP!) and presents a consolidated directory that can be searched by users(phones) from both clusters.

This is really fast, but requires a nightly (or x hourly) import of all users

rayangandhi
Level 5
Level 5

I have been able to do this using the canned app in the sdk for ccm 4. Not sure if the sdk on 5 is the same since I am going to be jumping to 6.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: