cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to whitelist a specific email address

appeml_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying out an ironport C350. I am looking for a way to whitelist a specific email address ex. xxx@xxx.com. The whitlist appears to onlyl let you add a whole domain or i.p. range and not a specific address. Is there a way to do this or would I need to build some kind of incomming content filter by sender name?

3 Replies 3

A Content Filter would be the easiest but it is processed after the SBRS check.. Remember you can have a one content filter with multiple checks just make sure you use OR and not AND.

So if you want to make sure a specific email is not spammed check you would need to create a Message Filter (regX expression) but then every single inbound email would be checked againest this filter.

So the best way might be to create a whole new policy and place it before your normal or default policy. Have the policy only apply for sender = xxx@xxx.com You can turn off the spam check for this policy.

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Just to be sure:

I need something similar for 2 specific sender-adresses from a domain @example.com

Should it work, If I create a new "Incoming Content Filter" and Add the following rule (using two single conditions with an OR and the Deliver-Action):

if (mail-from == "^abc.def@example.com$") OR (mail-from == "^ghi.jkl@example.com$") { deliver(); }

Then I enable this new "Incoming Content Filter" for my default "Incoming Mail Policies".

How can I test it without asking the two "real" sender?
What do you exactly mean with "processed after the SBRS check"?

Knuto0815
Level 1
Level 1

Something that has been quite useful to me is the overview of the email pipeline (kb answer ID 777).