cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to whitelist a specific email address

appeml_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying out an ironport C350. I am looking for a way to whitelist a specific email address ex. xxx@xxx.com. The whitlist appears to onlyl let you add a whole domain or i.p. range and not a specific address. Is there a way to do this or would I need to build some kind of incomming content filter by sender name?

3 Replies 3

A Content Filter would be the easiest but it is processed after the SBRS check.. Remember you can have a one content filter with multiple checks just make sure you use OR and not AND.

So if you want to make sure a specific email is not spammed check you would need to create a Message Filter (regX expression) but then every single inbound email would be checked againest this filter.

So the best way might be to create a whole new policy and place it before your normal or default policy. Have the policy only apply for sender = xxx@xxx.com You can turn off the spam check for this policy.

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Just to be sure:

I need something similar for 2 specific sender-adresses from a domain @example.com

Should it work, If I create a new "Incoming Content Filter" and Add the following rule (using two single conditions with an OR and the Deliver-Action):

if (mail-from == "^abc.def@example.com$") OR (mail-from == "^ghi.jkl@example.com$") { deliver(); }

Then I enable this new "Incoming Content Filter" for my default "Incoming Mail Policies".

How can I test it without asking the two "real" sender?
What do you exactly mean with "processed after the SBRS check"?

Knuto0815
Level 1
Level 1

Something that has been quite useful to me is the overview of the email pipeline (kb answer ID 777).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: