cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote booting of 7960

golch
Level 1
Level 1

We have a CCM in London and a single remote office in Hungary. In Hungary we ahve a Linksys 2024P switch and this can ping the CCM across our Wan connection.

The 7960 just sits configuring IP. I have reset the phone to factory defaults. The CCm is the tftp server and option 150 is enabled.

I know i can manually configure the network settings but it will not give me access. Any help is appreciated

4 Replies 4

jhasen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Golch, you can control whether a phone has access to the Settings menu by using the Settings Access field in the Cisco CallManager Administration Phone Configuration page. The Settings Access field accepts these values:

•Enabled-Allows access to the Settings menu.

•Disabled-Prevents access to the Settings menu.

•Restricted-Allows access to the User Preferences menu and allows volume changes to be saved. Prevents access to other options on the Settings menu.

Hope this helps

Presuming the phone is getting power over ehternet, you could shutdown and bring back up the port where the phone is connected. This will reboot the phone.

Kind Regards,

Jeroen

Hi Jhasen

This is already set to enable but the device still just sits at configuring IP even if it is plugged straight in to the Linksys switch

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

to unlock setting:

go into the settings and press **#, this will unlock the settings, to do the manual configuration look for the DHCP enabled field and disable it, after that you can enter the IP, subnet mask, etc

unfortunately the phones can only be configured in two ways: manually or by DHCP

until a phone is not registered with a CCM server you won't be able to issue a reset or restart message

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: