cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.x Transfer to Voicemail

JeremyL
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a CTI RP configured in CCM that allows the end user to transfer to another user's voicemail (*XXXXX fwd to Unity); however, is their a way to have Unity re-direct the called number to another voicemail system if not found as a Unity subscriber?

For example, I dial *45678 and that number is not configured in Unity, but exists in another voicemail platform, can Unity re-direct the number?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

No to my knowledge Unity will not redirect the number unlelss you specify the number. If it does not recognize it as a subscriber it will just go to the opening greeting call handler by default.

I have seen the wild card entered at the end of a number but not at the beginning.

Call routing rules is where it would be set up.

rlp

Are all of your Unity Subscribers on one set of numbers and your other VM system a totally different set of numbers? Unity VM boxes are 4xxxx and other VM system are 5xxxx.

If so, you could probably actually set it up in CallManager rather than Unity. Just create 2 CTI RPs. One that's *4xxxx to go to your Unity and one that's *5xxxx to transfer to your other VM system (how ever you need to do that). If the 2 VM systems don't have extensions that are that easy/distinct, let me know and we can keep thinking. If that's the case, you might need to do translation patters or something too.

All the extensions are part of the same ranges regardless of the VM platform. I did get it to work sort of using the Unity call routing rules. The problem was that the CCM configured VM ports would not display the re-directed number to the Intuity VM system, only the original called party number (CCM service parameter).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: