Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones Registration Rejected

Hello,

My cluster contains 2 CUCM 6.0 (1 Publisher & 1 Subscriber)

In the CallManager Group, when the publisher is "primary", the IP phones can register correctly.

When the subscriber is configured as "primary" (or alone in the CallManager Group), the message "Registration Rejected: Error DBCo..." is displayed on the IP phone and it doesn't register.

In the "Status Messages" window on the phone, the following sequence appears continuously:

- Error Updating Locale

- SEP001E13AF72E6.cnf.xml

- No CTL installed

- File Not Found: CTLFile.tlv

I already tried, with or without "auto-registration enabled" but it doesn't change anything.

The CTL service is stopped and I don't use any security.

Does someone know where this problem comes from?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

François

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

it sounds to me you're having replication issues, the information for the device is on PUB's DB but the information is not in the SUB¿s DB and that's why you get the registration rejected DBConfig.

you can look into the app log from the SUB and probably will get more info on this

about the messages if you go thru any other phone you should see the same about CTL not found, that is not something to worry about

get into the CLI and issue 'dbreplication status' to verify it's working fine, if not do a 'dbreplication repair'

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

I performed the "dbreplication repair" but the problem was still there.

I also did a "dbreplication reset" before leaving. I'll tell you the result later today.

Thanks,

François

The "dbreplication reset" didn't change anything too.

The error messages are exactly the same as when auto-registration is disabled and when the phone is not configured yet in the CallManager

"Registration Rejected: Error DBCo..."

- Error Updating Locale

- SEP001E13AF72E6.cnf.xml

- No CTL installed

- File Not Found: CTLFile.tlv

if you log into the subscriber CCMAdmin and look for that device are you able to find it in there?

or is it only in the publisher?

again, look at the app log, you'll find more information in there

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

If you already tried:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080874bf1.shtml

i would suggest opening a TAC case with cisco.

craiglcve
Level 4
Level 4

Hey,

I am running into the same thing. I shut down the Sub and now new devices are able to register. If I have the PUB and SUB up and I make a change on the PUB the change replicates fine to the SUB. I am getting the error

REGISTRATION REJECTED : DBConfig Error

So it seems that replication is working fine. But all of a sudden I am unable to register new phones. Licensing is fine. I have almost 100 free DLUs.....

Has anyone found any additional information on this issue? I have just upgraded two servers from 4.1(3) to 6.0 and when I bring the subscriber online the phones get rejected. As long as the sub is offline the phones register fine with the publisher. I did notice however that the voicemail ports register fine with the subscriber. If anyone has more information I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

I now have 3 seperate CCM Cluster installs for different clients that is doing the same thing. Im going to open a case with TAC tomorrow and Ill let you know what happens.

I deleted my subscriber, then I re-installed it from the beginning (full installation) and now it worked correctly.

Do you have more information about this issue?

I just ran into the same issue. Here is what I did:

Changed my CMG to contain only the publisher

Enabled my range of numbers for the auto registration on the publisher

Assigned the Auto registration CSS on the Default Device Pool

After doing those things, I was able to get my phones to pull from the auto-registration pool and then I could dial my TAPS pilot point

Make sure you are using the correct phone template when using BAT to import phones into CUCM. That is how i cleared my "Registration Rejected: Error DBCo..."

Marv

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: