home lab set up problem/nightmare

Unanswered Question
Jan 30th, 2008

i am trying to set up a home lab that i can access remotely, but after many hours of trying, its still no go. the way i am trying to set it up is:

Router 1: frame relay switch (s 0/0 connecting to router 2 s 0/0 & ethernet 0/0 connecting to router 2 e0/0, s0/1 connecting to router 3 s 0/0)

Router 3: connecting to frame-relay switch via s 0/0 also e 0/0 connecting dsl router.

only the thing that is working is telneting to router 3 from the lan or internet, but i cant access router 2 by telnet when i am logged on to router 3 via telnet.

I did enable eigrp on router 2 & router 3, also i am wondering is is possible to connect router 2 e0/0 to frame-switch (router 1) e 0/0 for remote telnet access to router 1.

thankx for your help.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Collin Clark Wed, 01/30/2008 - 08:56

Rajib,

Is Router 1 setup as a frame switch and R3 is connected to it using frame relay? If so you won't be able to connect to it via your frame connection. You will need to use another interface on the frame switch. What I do is telnet to my frame switch then reverse telnet to all my other routers in the lab. That way I have out-of-band connectivity to each router and I can build/rebuild multiple scenarios w/o ever loosing connectivity.

HTH

rajibchicago Wed, 01/30/2008 - 11:43

thanks for the reply,

yes router 1 is the frame relay switch.

I am still having a hell of a time to bring up the layer 2 in frame-relay switch, its usually up & down. I will try some more, it is getting very frustrating.

rajibchicago Thu, 01/31/2008 - 09:59

how do i set up reverse telnet on my frame-relay switch (config)? shall i use ethernet port of the frame-switch to connect to the dlink dsl router? should i set it up like this?

dsl router ---> frame-switch (e 0/0)

frame-switch (s 0/0)->r2(s0/0)

frame-switch (s 0/1)->r3(s0/0)

thankx for ur help.

Collin Clark Thu, 01/31/2008 - 10:09

You would need some asynchronous ports to do that. Let's skip that for now. Check the diagram I uploaded. Is this how it's setup (disgard the router names)?

Attachment: 

Actions

This Discussion