cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block only inbound calls to specific phone extension

danielmainha
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know how to block inbound calls to some phone extensions. When I say only inbound I mean block inbound calls from but permit outbound and receive/make internal calls.

The options ofered by ccmanager don't cover this option.

thanks

8 Replies 8

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

This would need to be done on the gateway, if you are running mgcp this is not possible I dont believe. Your gateway would have to be setup as H323.

Tracy

okay. Our gateway is H323.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Use an extension that is NOT a DID on phone.

For example, your DIDs are 2000-2500. Use 3000 or something other than 2000-2500. It's always good practice to set aside a non-DID block for your CallManager for these types of phones in your building or campus. (lobby phones, hallways, etc)

Internal phones will still be able to call it because it will be in the same CSS/PT. The phone can still use outbound calling because it has access to the Gateway and route patterns in the CSS/PTs.

Since you do not 3000 as an inbound DID, 3000 will never work for inbound.

hope this helps!

cheers

Hi again.

But that configuration is made onde gateway router or in the call manager on the device->gateway menu?

thanks

Yes this configuration is made on the gateway. (router)

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

As already stated you can use your H.323 gw to block the calls. Use Translation rules that will work, give it a try.

config t

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 reject /#/

rule 2 reject /#/

*where # is the number that you wish to block.

config t

voice translation-profile BLOCK_NUMBER

translate incoming 1

Assign this translation profile to the incoming dial-peer that you are using.

----------------------

HTH

//Jorge

Or you could just exclude that extension from matching any translation patterns on call manager...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: