Helpful
Replies

Query regarding call flow between sites

ciscotech4u
Level 1
Level 1

dear Experts,

please help to clarify doubt.

Three sites are interconnecting to a single MPLS cloud. and i am referring them as Site A,B and C

Site A is my main site with cisco call manager installed.

if site B needs to call Site C:

Site B user will dial the extension it would be recieved by call manager at site A , CM will place the call

to site C. After call establishment for voice call bandwidth would be used from SITE B to C directly

through MPLS cloud OR bandwidth will be used from Site B to A and then from A to Site C.

rgds,magesh

1 Reply 1

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

The Callmanager is responsible only for Signaling not for the voice path (RTP). Before the CCM connect the to Partys, he will give the IP Address of C to B, so they can have the Voice Path set between them (or more precisely between the Gateways on those sites).

What i would recommend, is to use a sniffer (ethereal the best) to sniff traffic from your PC connected to your Phone, while you are making the Call. You will get the whole picture of what s exactly happening (sccp/RTP)

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: