cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you change the Master Server Name

sirbaughmf
Level 1
Level 1

Setting up SSO, and problems seems to be that the Master Server Name is not matching the certificate CN. I used the FQDN on the certificate.

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can change the hostname is LMS to match what you have in the certificates via the procedure in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_common_services_software/3.0/user/guide/diagnos.html

Or you can delete/create the certificates matching what you have for hostname of LMS.

I deleted/created the certificates matching the hostname, but that doesn't work either. The servername doesn't resolve in DNS, DNS will only resolve the FQDN. Is there a way for DNS to resolve the hostname also?

I wouldn't normally configure a hostname with the FQDN, is this a requirement for the application to work with SSO?

Its that or use a local host file on each of your clients. Theres an issue with shortname vs FQDN when your clients are not in the same subdomain.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: