cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to enable the second NIC on callmanager 6.0?

shzhang
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know how to enable the second NIC on MCS7823H2 server with Callmanager 6.0 loaded? Thanks!

4 Replies 4

pcameron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is called NIC teaming. Here is the marketing -

Hewlett-Packard (HP) server platforms with dual Ethernet network interface cards (NICs) can support NIC teaming for Network Fault Tolerance with Cisco Unified CM 5.0. This feature allows a server to be connected to the Ethernet via two NICs and, hence, two cables. NIC teaming prevents network downtime by transferring the workload from the failed port to the working port. NIC teaming cannot be used for load balancing or increasing the interface speed

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/5x/50clproc.html#wp1046101

You will have to ssh in or be on the console directly. The feature is enabled from the command line on the server

- set network nic failover ena

You will need to reboot the cluster. Next, show status

- show network failover

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your message. Actually, I like to have this callmanager have both NICs active and stay on different IP networks so that users can access this callmanager from different networks at same time. So, does this NIC teaming feature fit my needs? Please advice.

Thanks!

steve

I belive this is unsupported. NIC teaming is to allow L2 redundancy should a CAT5 cable fail.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you cannot enable both NICs in order to get access from different networks, CCM needs a single IP since it needs to bind all the signaling to it, the purpose of NIC teaming is for redundancy in case one NIC fails

if you're looking only for users to access the CCMAdmin you can use a NAT statement for that

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: