Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrading ASDM

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we are at asa version 7.0(6) and 5.0 for the asdm

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 7.0(6)

Device Manager Version 5.0(6)

We would like to be at ASDM version 6.0. How do I go about upgrading. I read that we need to be atleast ASA software version 8.0. Can I go straight from 7.0 to 8.0. And Can I upgrade Asdm straight from 5.0 to 6.0??

Please let us know as we would like to take advantage of the top talker feature.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Shir

If you upgrade your ASA to version 8.0 then it will work to upgrade to ASDM 6.0. I have done an upgrade from 7.x to 8.x and from ASDM from 5.x to 6.x and it worked quite smoothly.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Shir

If you upgrade your ASA to version 8.0 then it will work to upgrade to ASDM 6.0. I have done an upgrade from 7.x to 8.x and from ASDM from 5.x to 6.x and it worked quite smoothly.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Shir

I am glad that my answer was helpful. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your question was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read a question and can know that they will read responses which resolved the question.

The forum is an excellent place to learn more about Cisco networking. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: