Views
Helpful
Replies

OIR issue in Catalyst 6500

lukaszkhalil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Recently one of ours 6500 with sup720 is receiving messages "%EARL-SP-2-SWITCH_BUS_IDLE: Switching bus is idle for 2 seconds.

The card grant is 11". We are aware that this message is connected with OIR issue and that one of the modules is experiencing some problems. So far the only recommendation we got is to remove each module one-by-one until the problem stops. Because it is very difficult to do that in our network, I would like to ask, if anybody know about a command (probably hidden) or any debug on the EARL basis that can help up find out which module is having problems.

I would be grateful for any help.

Regards

Lukas

1 Reply 1

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

This message indicates that the EARL did not switch any packets on the EARL bus. A recovery mechanism will attempt to fix the problem. The system reloads if the problem cannot be corrected. This is most likely a hardware problem with the osm. Another possibility is that they don't insert it firm/far enough into the chassis, but if this is very consistent, I'd say hw is a more probable cause.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card