Views
Helpful
Replies

Screen Message on 7911G & 7941G

mattepps645
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am rolling out a load of 7911/41's for a customer who needs a message to be displayed on all phones at all times.

Currently I have simply changed the line text on Line 1 of the 7911 and created a Speed-Dial with appropriate Label on Line 2 of the 7941.

Whilst this meets the Customer requirements, it is not very neat and uses up Line 2 on the 7941 which may be needed for other functionality.

I know you can utilise the "Idle URL" & "Idle Timout" seetings to force the phones to load an XML file in which you can create the message but I am struggling to get this to work. i keep getting "XML Parse Error 4" on the test phones I have.

Therefore, can anyone offer any advice on how to do this and perhaps offer a sample XML file ?

I am running CUCM 5.1(3).

Many thanks.

3 Replies 3

mudassirsol
Level 1
Level 1

I have implemented Idle url at two places.

For that u need to create xml code for ur message and then include it in the following attached file (replace ur xml code between the tag in the ASP file).

Find tools on internet to convert JPG file to XML.

Once u make ASP file ready, just upload it on IIS server and include the URL on that file in the IDLE URL file.

Make sure that the URL is accessible from CALL MANAGER.

Hope it helps...

Hi,

I used your sample XML and actually got a positive result - thanks !!

However, the end result is not really whatI was expecting. The attached screenshot shows what was displayed on the Phone (an IP Communicator in this case). As can be seen the Services Window is open, displays my test message, but the rest of the display is obscured.

I was hoping to just have the line of text displayed on the screen much like Line Lables are.

Any ideas ?

Best wishes,

Matt

ceerbl
Level 1
Level 1

I have a number of phones that are used by clients that are not familiar with our phone network and need to be told to dial a 9 for an outside line. I wanted to have this information on the screen and decided the easiest way to achieve this was to create a custom background image that included this text. Perhaps this might achieve what you need to do?