cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7941 issues no voice communications CME other models ok 7905 etc

craig.corbett
Level 2
Level 2

I have in a lab environment a UC520 with 4 phones. 7941, 7940, 7911, 7905.

I have issues with the 7941. it has registered fine but when I pick the handset up I get no dial tone, the other phones are fine. When I call the other phones from the 7941 they ring, pick up the handset and there is no communication either way. Communications between the 7940, 7911 & 7905 seems fine.

Any help to get this issue resolved will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok ... dopey question here, but is the handset plugged into the handset port or the headset port?

Otherwise swap a handset off one of the other phones and see if there is something wrong with it.

For the incorrect time on the 7941, you need to go under telephony-service and add the command 'time-zone ' that corresponds to the local timezone. Once this is done, do 'no create cnf-file' and 'create-cnf' to rebuild the XML config files and 'reset all' the phones. The time should be correct on the phones after the reload.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

pcameron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the phone was working previously, try the command "show call active voice brief" and see if there are any stuck calls on the phones in question. You may need to reload the router to clear the call.

Otherwise, make sure the 7941 ephone config has a ephone-dn bound to it via the 'button' command. If necessary, add the command and reset the phone.

Hi,

The phone has never worked corretly. The router has been reloaded.

Relevant ephone Config :

!

ephone-dn 11 dual-line

number 202 no-reg primary

label 202

description martin bluemel

name martin bluemel

call-forward busy 501

call-forward noan 501 timeout 10

corlist incoming user-domestic

translation-profile incoming CallBlocking

!

!

ephone 6

device-security-mode none

mac-address 001B.2A20.2ECC

username "martin"

type 7941

button 1:11

!

Strange, - other interesting behaviour I have noticed:

If I dial another extension from the 7941 without picking up the handset I get two way communications.

If I dial the 7941 from any of the phones but answer the call using the speaker phone I get two way communications fine.

So it seems communications is fine unless I use the handset on the 7941.

Not sure if it's related, but the 7941 is also displaying a different (Incorrect) time compared to the other phones.

Hi, please check FW for the phones, suggest you upgrade to 8.2.(2)SR4S that is available on CCO.

The firewall is not active.

Is that the phone load firmware ?

yes, check what you have with either "show telephony-service" or from the phone settings menu.

Ok ... dopey question here, but is the handset plugged into the handset port or the headset port?

Otherwise swap a handset off one of the other phones and see if there is something wrong with it.

For the incorrect time on the 7941, you need to go under telephony-service and add the command 'time-zone ' that corresponds to the local timezone. Once this is done, do 'no create cnf-file' and 'create-cnf' to rebuild the XML config files and 'reset all' the phones. The time should be correct on the phones after the reload.

OK feel free to mock me. I had the handset plugged into the incorrect port. I'm going to bow my head in shame now.

Time also sorted as per your instructions.

Many thanks for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: