Preparing for CCNA

Unanswered Question
Jan 31st, 2008

I am preparing for CCNA 640-802 exam. What is the BEST study materials, simulator and other study guide for this? any suggestions? please help.. thank you

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
yumologycccp Fri, 02/01/2008 - 17:29

I just got my CCNA today. I've played around with different simulators, Bosen, Dynamips, gs3. They are good and all, but in my best recommendation I highly encourage you to pick up some actual equipment. I was able to gather up a 2501 router, a 2505 router, and a 2924xl switch all for only $50 total. And when you have these things in front of you, you learn heaps more of information than any simulator can provide.

The 2500 series routers are super cheap, nearly worthless, but they are an incredibly great teaching tool for CCNA.

reoldb225 Sat, 02/02/2008 - 09:15

What's the difference between taking the

640-802 CCNA exam and taking the 640-822 and 640-816 ? Just the price?

640-802 covers the same material as the other 2 tests combined.

The CCNA is occasionally described as knowledge "a mile wide and an inch deep!" In other words a small amount of info on a ton of subjects. The 2 test route was introduced to allow people to deal with a smaller subset of info at a time.

Generally, it is best for complete novices to tackle to 2 test route, but it's a matter of preference.

grkang168 Mon, 02/04/2008 - 00:19

Hi. I was wondering if you can give me information on where I can get the equipments that you've mentioned. I'm also preparing for my CCNA exam, and we have the same opinion that nothing will be better than practicing on the real thing.

I'm hoping to hear from you soon. And congratulations for passing the exam.

Actions

This Discussion