cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.2 and Document Security

csaadmin28
Level 1
Level 1

Typical users store confidential data in any number of places. Is it possible for the CSA to identify confidential files by picking up the words 'company confidential' inside the file and then classifying them as sensitive files?

I am trying to ensure that any confidential files that are copied to removable media are at least logged but the current default method of preventing/logging copying of confidential data seems to rely on the file name or the file path.

Ideally the CSA should classify on the basis of file content such as the word confidential.

Can anyone help?

4 Replies 4

csaadmin28
Level 1
Level 1

Where are the experts on this forum? Can no one provide an answer??

CSA does not have this sort of functionality.

Thanks for your reply and confirmation.

Cisco have whitepapers and videos on document security and obviously their solution is quite poor if it simply depends on file names or paths vs actual content. Educating and expecting users to always store confidential information in the same location is simply not realistic.

I'll raise a feature request and see where it goes.

wiluszm
Level 1
Level 1

I've heard from sources that this will be a feature in CSA 6.0. CSA will be able to indentify confidential data within files such as SSNs, CC #s, etc... As for whether you can key off of specified words, I'll leave that for Cisco to answer.

-Mike

http://cs-mars.blogspot.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: