cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Tier Dual-DMVPN & hub-to-spoke + spoke-to-spoke

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

I'm looking for Dual-DMVPN documentation with config example perhaps for mGRE interfaces on headends and spokes. I require dynamic spoke-to-spoke connectivity - make any sense?,

i.e. 'tunnnel mode gre multipoint' configured on spoke router tunnel interface (Single)

this link does *not* have what i'm really after:

<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk583/tk372/tech_configuration_examples_list.html>

tia

Ajaz

2 Replies 2

joe19366
Level 1
Level 1

Good evening,

I'm experienced with setting up dmvpn's. all spokes and headends have mgre interfaces. its the routing protocol that determines how spoke to spoke routing works... (and which nhrp entries are created)

perhaps you can specially describe which network should speak to which networks, and what kind of redundancy you're looking for...

Do you have 2 or more hubs? Do the hubs share a common internal network? do the hubs have more than 1 isp address? how about the spokes?

-Joe

Joe

[J]perhaps you can specially describe which network should speak to which networks, and what kind of redundancy you're looking for...

[AN] Working on two datacentres(DR), there will be a single hub router at each site. Of course all spokes sites will communicate with hubs, but spoke-to-spoke connectivity is also a requirement.

[J]Do you have 2 or more hubs? Do the hubs share a common internal network? do the hubs have more than 1 isp address? how about the spokes?

[AN]Two hubs sharing a common internal network. ISP address assignment can be whatever is required. Is there any recommended IP address methodology to be used. I understand the dmvpn clouds must be on separate subnets?. With regards to the spokes, again I can do pretty much whatever is required. So for example, If I must assign two public addresses to spokes - this is no problem.

In terms of scale - there are two hubs and approx twenty five spoke sites. Business requirment is to use OSPF. I have read a bit about DR hubs and pri0 at remote sites.

Your input is appreciated. Will begin POC build early next week.

Ajaz