Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot import users to a new unity if assigned to old unity

acleri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have unity 3.x in unified messaging mode with 120 subscribers.

Considering that this is a problematic server we decide to install brand new unity 4.05 server and import the subscribers to this server to create new voicemailboxes on it.

Unfortunately when I try to import the subscribers on the new unity I can't see the users that are already assigned as subscriber in the old unity server....

Help!!!

Thank you!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Unity is not seeing the users available for import because the Unity schema specific attributes are enabled by the users being subscribers on the 3.X system. You will need to remove the users from the 3.x Unity and then import into the 4.0(5) system. I don't believe you can digital network a 3.X Unity server to a 4.x server, which would have allowed you to move the users between servers. However, I'll bet there is a way to export user information from your 3.x system into a csv file that you could use to bulk import into the 4.0(5) system.

Ginger

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

That is correct behavior. The import only shows Active Directory accounts that are not associated with Unity. Normally I would say use the Global Subscriber Manager utility which allows you to move subscribers from one Unity server to another keeping most of their settings. However you must be at 4.0(1) or higher to get the move subscriber functionality.

Your best bet is to use Bulk Subscriber Delete

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_BulkSubscriberDelete.htm

to delete the subscribers from the 3.x server, and then use Bulk Subscriber Import, to import them in to your 4.x server.

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Unity is not seeing the users available for import because the Unity schema specific attributes are enabled by the users being subscribers on the 3.X system. You will need to remove the users from the 3.x Unity and then import into the 4.0(5) system. I don't believe you can digital network a 3.X Unity server to a 4.x server, which would have allowed you to move the users between servers. However, I'll bet there is a way to export user information from your 3.x system into a csv file that you could use to bulk import into the 4.0(5) system.

Ginger

Hi Ginger,

when I finished to recreate all the subscribers in the unity can shoul I run the unity removal tool to detach the old unity server? Consider that the new server is using the same service accounts (UnityDirSvc and UnityMsgStore) and I want to be sure that the removal tool does on the old server can damage the new server.

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: