cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callers dialing in to internal Extensions having problems

jamesbruce
Level 1
Level 1

All internal extension begin with "3.." (300, 301, 302, etc). Our Auto-Attendant prompt for the "Billing" extension is "Press 3 for Billing" which rings extension 308. Problem is when anyone dials in and wants to go to an internal extension they have to dial "300", "301", etc and if they hesitate more than 1 second after pressing the 3 digit, they get transferred to extension 308 which is billing. I increased the interdigit timeout, but that didn't help and I am unsure as to how to change this behavior. I recommended that we either change the Auto-Attendant prompt, OR the internal Extensions, but was told either option would cause additional headaches due to reprinting of business cards, etc. Do you have any suggestions or solutions for this?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unsure of what you have (CUC, unity, CUE) and version

this is for unity

The interdigit timeout setting is under the Registry Editor --> HKLM\Software\Active

Voice\MIU\1.0\Initialization\Gather Inter Digit Timeout.

The default is 2500 MS. You can try raising this number and testing. When you make a

change to this setting, you will need to restart the Unity server.

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi, Sorry for not mentioning the system: CME with CUE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: