Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommendation for Unity AutoAttendent Design

tomtom001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need to do the following and would like any advice (or pitfalls to watch out for) you may have. We are running CM 6 with Unity Connection:

During business hours, when a call is not answered by the receptionist, it will hit the Unity autoattendent:

The autoattendent will give the open business hours prompt and give the options:

--Leave VM

--Return to Receptionist

--Transfer to Helpdesk Hunt Group.

If the Helpdesk Hunt Group doesn't answer, the call comes back into Unity AutoAttendent. I need a different prompt and options for the Helpdesk AutoAttendent (Leave VM for huntgroup or forward to Emergency service).

Finally, during closed hours, I need a general prompt for all callers, and I need a different set of options:

-- Leave VM

-- Transfer to AfterHours Service.

I'm open to all suggestions that you may have for the scenario listed above. I understand that I will need to use the fowarding rules, but just wanted any suggestions that you may have. Thank you again for your help!

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can create this in Unity - you will need to create 2 separate call handlers (ie: One for Help Desk Day and One for Help Desk Night). This way you can give different call treatments for the different times of day. You'll need to creaet 2 different time schedules and choose the appropriate one on each Call Handler's Profile page. Also, make sure you have two entries in your call routing table (one for the day and one for the night). I have this set up for a couple of differnt departments and it works nicely.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tom,

Just a comment on the overall design :)

For this portion, I would delete***;

The autoattendent will give the open business hours prompt and give the options:

--Leave VM

*** Delete*** Return to Receptionist

--Transfer to Helpdesk Hunt Group.

There is no use sending the caller back into this circle. (Think user frustration)

For this portion, I would delete;

(***Delete***Leave VM for huntgroup or forward to Emergency service).

Have the unanswered call from the Helpdesk route directly to Emergency Services and have the Leave VM at this level instead.

Anything that you can do to expidite the calls is a great thing. Too many options can just cause more harm than good sometimes.

Just my 2 cent$,

Rob

Thank you for the help Rob. I will use your advice for my design. One question regarding implementing the AA:

I have open hours and an open hours prompt with a set of user options.

During closed hours, how do I get a different set of user options to kick in? I know I can change the greeting by recording the closed hours greeting, but how do I modify the transfer options?

Thanks again for your help!

Tom

Lay out what you want to do a little more explicitly. For example:

Business Hours:

Play open greeting

Option 1: Go here.

Option 2: Go there.

Closed House:

Play closed greeting.

Option 1: Go here instead.

Option 2: Leave VM.

etc.

Sure, let me give a little more detail.

Business hours:

8:30 - 5:30

Play open greeting.

option 1: Leave a VM

Option 2: Go to helpdesk hunt group

(if no one answers the hunt group, call comes back into AA and performs another set of tasks)

Option 3: Go to live help answering service

Closed Hours

1. Leave a VM

2. Emergency Answering service

Thank you again for your help, and let me know if you need any more information.

tom

I think you are going to need an IPCC script. We might have been able to get away with option 2 going to two different places using the open (standard) and closed transfer rule for a subscriber acting as a call handler. The subscriber would have the extension of the helpdesk hunt group. Standard transfer rule would be "Yes, ring message recipient's extension". Closed transfer rule would be "Ring subscriber at extension: {outside number}"

To make it go back into an AA if the helpdesk hunt group doesn't answer could be tricky. Unity 4.x uses OriginalCalledPartyNumber to match ab object in Unity. Unity 5 can use last redirected, but is a global system rule.

You can create this in Unity - you will need to create 2 separate call handlers (ie: One for Help Desk Day and One for Help Desk Night). This way you can give different call treatments for the different times of day. You'll need to creaet 2 different time schedules and choose the appropriate one on each Call Handler's Profile page. Also, make sure you have two entries in your call routing table (one for the day and one for the night). I have this set up for a couple of differnt departments and it works nicely.

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your suggestion. Sorry for the late reply. I ended up creating the Open and Closed Call Handlers. I have only 1 time schedule set up...what I did was during the closed times, the open handler would have a blank greeting and transfer to the closed handler. So far everything is working perfectly. Thank you all again for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: