please suggest some related links.

thanks,

raj

4 Replies 4

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI Raj, [PLS RATE if HELPS]

Pls see the Attachment for various combinations in SPEED Assignments.

PLS RATE if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Dear prasad,

thanks for ur document.

please send me related cisco link,

thanks

raj

HI Raj,

I don't have any related cisco Link for this.

>> Let me check and keep you updated.

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Take note that FastEthernet (100Mbps) can be hardcoded to full-duplex but not all GigabitEthernet (1000Mbps) can be hardcoded to full-duplex some even hal-duplex. This is true in some network devices and server/OS (Unix) - I have once hardcoded a Cisco switch to 1000Mbps/full-duplex but I found out that the Unix server that connects to it can only hardcoded to 1000Mbps/half-duplex so I settle with 100Mbps/full-duplex both end of the wire since the maximum bandwidth utilization is around 40Mbps. Packeteer products doesn't allow you hardcoding GE interfaces.

Monitor your bandwidth overtime, if you are not hitting 100Mbps, settle with 100Mbps/full-duplex as the performance is many times better than 1000Mbps/half-duplex. If you need more than 100Mbps, it is best to set GE to auto-speed/auto-duplex both end of the wire, just make sure that the cable is correct and in good quality to a avoid flapping.

Regards,

Dandy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco