cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

getting gig interface down

roger.malik
Level 1
Level 1

GigabitEthernet0/3 is up, line protocol is down is error i ma getting what hsould i check and how to rectify it

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Amit

Interface up line protocol down sometimes means that there is not anything plugged into the interface.

I believe that it can also result from a speed mismatch. So check the switch interface and verify speed and duplex settings. Then verify on the device connected to the port what its speed and duplex settings are. Make sure that speed and duplex settings are the same.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Amit

Interface up line protocol down sometimes means that there is not anything plugged into the interface.

I believe that it can also result from a speed mismatch. So check the switch interface and verify speed and duplex settings. Then verify on the device connected to the port what its speed and duplex settings are. Make sure that speed and duplex settings are the same.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Amit

I am glad that my answer was helpful. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your issue was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read about an issue and can know that they will read about the successful resolution of the issue.

The forum is an excellent place to learn more about Cisco networking. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco