We're planning a BR test next week, and I need to know how a .pcf file is created, from just a basic firewall configuration that will be configured from scratch. When I started here, of course, they were already using a .pcf file, and we've only modified it from time to time.
Thanks in advance, Tony
You can create .pcf filels from the Cisco VPN Client Software. Install Cisco VPN client on your PC. I have version 5.0.02.0090 for Windows installed.
Follow the steps below to create .pcf file:
1. Open VPN Client software, click on "Connection Entries" menu.
2. Choose "New...". A window pops up.
3. In this window, type a name you would like to call this .pcf. This name would be displayed in the VPN client software. You could type a description for this profile too if you wish.
4. Choose "Group Authentication". In the "Name:" field type the group name. In the PIX CLI this name is found in the "vpngroup" command.
5. In the "Password:" field, enter the password for this VPN client to connect to the PIX. This is the password found in the PIX "vpngroup password *****" command in the PIX CLI.
6. Re-enter this password to confirm it in the "Confirm Password:" field.
7. Enter the IP Address of the PIX Outside Interface in the "Host:" field.
8. Finally, click "Save" button.
The file you created from the above steps can be found in C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\Profiles folder in Windows.
Please rate this post if it helps.