cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

.PCF file creation

ttrevino1
Level 1
Level 1

We're planning a BR test next week, and I need to know how a .pcf file is created, from just a basic firewall configuration that will be configured from scratch. When I started here, of course, they were already using a .pcf file, and we've only modified it from time to time.

Thanks in advance, Tony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

a.ajiboye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tony,

You can create .pcf filels from the Cisco VPN Client Software. Install Cisco VPN client on your PC. I have version 5.0.02.0090 for Windows installed.

Follow the steps below to create .pcf file:

1. Open VPN Client software, click on "Connection Entries" menu.

2. Choose "New...". A window pops up.

3. In this window, type a name you would like to call this .pcf. This name would be displayed in the VPN client software. You could type a description for this profile too if you wish.

4. Choose "Group Authentication". In the "Name:" field type the group name. In the PIX CLI this name is found in the "vpngroup" command.

5. In the "Password:" field, enter the password for this VPN client to connect to the PIX. This is the password found in the PIX "vpngroup password *****" command in the PIX CLI.

6. Re-enter this password to confirm it in the "Confirm Password:" field.

7. Enter the IP Address of the PIX Outside Interface in the "Host:" field.

8. Finally, click "Save" button.

The file you created from the above steps can be found in C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\Profiles folder in Windows.

Please rate this post if it helps.

Regards,

Adekunle

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

a.ajiboye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tony,

You can create .pcf filels from the Cisco VPN Client Software. Install Cisco VPN client on your PC. I have version 5.0.02.0090 for Windows installed.

Follow the steps below to create .pcf file:

1. Open VPN Client software, click on "Connection Entries" menu.

2. Choose "New...". A window pops up.

3. In this window, type a name you would like to call this .pcf. This name would be displayed in the VPN client software. You could type a description for this profile too if you wish.

4. Choose "Group Authentication". In the "Name:" field type the group name. In the PIX CLI this name is found in the "vpngroup" command.

5. In the "Password:" field, enter the password for this VPN client to connect to the PIX. This is the password found in the PIX "vpngroup password *****" command in the PIX CLI.

6. Re-enter this password to confirm it in the "Confirm Password:" field.

7. Enter the IP Address of the PIX Outside Interface in the "Host:" field.

8. Finally, click "Save" button.

The file you created from the above steps can be found in C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\Profiles folder in Windows.

Please rate this post if it helps.

Regards,

Adekunle

Thanks Adekunle, that really helps understand the process better. I appreciate the help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card